How to get gnome3 Applications Menu
Manish Jain
2016-07-03 15:28:34 UTC

I am having to reinstall my whole OS FreeBSD 10.2 amd64 on account of a
major hardware upgrade. The upgrade has gone very well. I reinstalled
the OS and gnome3, my preferred desktop environment. Everything else is
working seamlessly, but there is no Applications Menu. The only way I
know how to get Applications Menu is to use Gnome Tweak Tool. But the
tool only seems to be working partly - while it is able to give me a
Window List, turning on the Applications Menu in its extensions has no
effect. Without the Applications Menu, I feel crippled. Does anyone know
how to get the gnome3 Applications Menu without using the Tweak Tool ?
If I have to send a complaint message for Gnome Tweak Tool not being
functional, whom should I write to ?

Thanks for any help.
Manish Jain

---
Ralf Mardorf via freebsd-questions
2016-07-03 16:01:52 UTC
I'm not using GNOME, but a quick Internet research lead to:

https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/6/applications-menu/
http://linuxbsdos.com/2012/08/20/top-3-applications-menu-extensions-for-gnome-3/

http://portsmon.freebsd.org/portoverview.py?category=x11&portname=gnome-shell-extensions

Or https://extensions.gnome.org/ and in the search type: menu

If GNOME still provides a panel, there might be a right click menu to
add extensions, assumed they are installed, but I don't know.