create custom memstick img of freebsd
ali reza zareian
2016-06-19 06:58:08 UTC
hi guys
How can i create memstick img of freebsd?

(I want to create memstcik image of freebsd that have python package.)

thanks in advance
Eir Nym
2016-06-19 07:47:18 UTC

Post by ali reza zareian
hi guys
How can i create memstick img of freebsd?
It's easy, you can refer the /usr/src/release folder for this process. There is script which makes usb and iso images.

Also you can do it manually :
Unpack freebsd tree
Add ports you want with pkg or ports
Run /usr/src/release/<arch>/make-memstick.sh
Bertram Scharpf
2016-06-19 11:45:32 UTC
Post by ali reza zareian
How can i create memstick img of freebsd?
Again:

https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2016-May/271952.html
--
Bertram Scharpf
Stuttgart, Deutschland/Germany
http://www.bertram-scharpf.de
Julien Cigar
2016-06-22 14:59:33 UTC
I've written a post some months ago on how to build a custom img for a
soekris, should be more of less the same:
http://slug.uni.cx/blog/freebsd-soekris-6501.html
Post by ali reza zareian
hi guys
How can i create memstick img of freebsd?
(I want to create memstcik image of freebsd that have python package.)
thanks in advance
Julien Cigar
Belgian Biodiversity Platform (http://www.biodiversity.be)
PGP fingerprint: EEF9 F697 4B68 D275 7B11 6A25 B2BB 3710 A204 23C0