Question about Tape services‏
Alexander Sadovski
2016-07-20 14:51:17 UTC
Dear Mrs./Mr.,

I have a few 1/2" Magnetic Tape reels written by Data General 6021 Tape Drive on Nova 840.
Is it possible to read them and write ASCI content on CD for Windows 7 PC?
Please answer me by email.

Best regards,
Alexander Sadovski

Prof. Alexander N. Sadovski,
Patriarh Evtimii Blvd. 25, Fl. 4
Sofia - 1000, Bulgaria
Phone: (+3592) 981-5586
email: ***@hotmail.com
Dale Scott
2016-07-20 17:02:37 UTC
http://tapeconversions.com/

I used their services in 2006 to get the data off a number of QIC
cartridges. I couriered the cartridges and they emailed back zip files (the
tapes arrived later). I was very pleased with the promptness and cost (at
the time US$35/cartridge, plus return shipping cost).

---
Dale R. Scott, P.Eng.
dalescott.net
Transparency with Trust
Blog: http://www.dalescott.net
LinkedIn: https://ca.linkedin.com/in/dalescott

Matthias Apitz
2016-07-21 19:02:32 UTC
Post by Dale Scott
http://tapeconversions.com/
I used their services in 2006 to get the data off a number of QIC
cartridges. I couriered the cartridges and they emailed back zip files (the
tapes arrived later). I was very pleased with the promptness and cost (at
the time US$35/cartridge, plus return shipping cost).
It's a bit off-topic, even off-thread: I own an old 9 track tape from
the years 80' which should still contain a bootable Amdahl UTS system, an UNIX
for IBM compatible mainframes:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amdahl_UTS
Any chance to boot from this somewhere nowadays?

matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ ***@unixarea.de, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/ ☎ +49-176-38902045
"Wer übersieht, dass wir uns den anderen weggenommen haben und sie uns wiederhaben wollen,