https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ failure
Ian Smith
2016-05-07 14:38:04 UTC

the other night I followed a link in net@ to read some commits:

https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/share/examples/jails/

I'd looked at 4 of the 7 files there when suddenly, attempts to access
others failed, after "you are leaving an encrypted page .." to receive:

Data Transfer Interrupted
The connection to svnweb.freebsd.org has terminated unexpectedly. Some
data may have been transferred.

Nor could (or can) I access the home page, https://svnweb.freebsd.org/

I hope this isn't another insufferably patronising attempt to protect me
from myself, for read-only access, by removing sslv3 & TLS v1.0 cyphers?

This is an older Seamonkey on an 8.2 system, my main development laptop
for non-FreeBSD software. I'm in no position to upgrade it presently.

cheers, Ian
Brandon J. Wandersee
2016-05-07 17:37:57 UTC
Post by Ian Smith
I'm in no position to upgrade it presently.
This is the same thing you said the last time you commented on this
topic. That was almost a year ago.[1]

So you know what the solution is, and have had a year to undertake it...

[1]: https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2015-July/267109.html
--
:: Brandon J. Wandersee
:: ***@gmail.com
:: --- Dieter Rams ----------------------------------
Thomas Mueller
2016-05-08 03:32:34 UTC
Post by Ian Smith
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/share/examples/jails/
I'd looked at 4 of the 7 files there when suddenly, attempts to access
Data Transfer Interrupted
The connection to svnweb.freebsd.org has terminated unexpectedly. Some
data may have been transferred.
Nor could (or can) I access the home page, https://svnweb.freebsd.org/
I hope this isn't another insufferably patronising attempt to protect me
from myself, for read-only access, by removing sslv3 & TLS v1.0 cyphers?
This is an older Seamonkey on an 8.2 system, my main development laptop
for non-FreeBSD software. I'm in no position to upgrade it presently.
I just browsed https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ though not your specific destination.

I was more immediately interested in changes to GENERIC for amd64 and i386.

All was successful. I am in NetBSD-current i386 (7.99.15), using Firefox 37.0.2 nightly build.

I was also successful in updating FreeBSD src, ports and doc trees with subversion (built from NetBSD pkgsrc).

Tom
Ian Smith
2016-05-08 09:20:41 UTC
Post by Brandon J. Wandersee
Post by Ian Smith
I'm in no position to upgrade it presently.
This is the same thing you said the last time you commented on this
topic. That was almost a year ago.[1]
So you know what the solution is, and have had a year to undertake it...
[1]: https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2015-July/267109.html
Thanks for your keen observation Brandon.

You'll also have noticed that I said "We're told that this policy won't
be applied to www or svnweb since you can't log in to those sites."

At least https://www is still accessible to older browsers, for now? As
is bugzilla, where you _can_ log in (just did) though I guess it's next.

And I'm sorry that circumstances, of both health and finances, have not
allowed me the luxury of buying another 2nd-hand laptop this last year.

cheers, Ian
Ian Smith
2016-05-09 15:07:07 UTC
Post by Ian Smith
Post by Brandon J. Wandersee
Post by Ian Smith
I'm in no position to upgrade it presently.
This is the same thing you said the last time you commented on this
topic. That was almost a year ago.[1]
So you know what the solution is, and have had a year to undertake it...
[1]: https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2015-July/267109.html
Thanks for your keen observation Brandon.
You'll also have noticed that I said "We're told that this policy won't
be applied to www or svnweb since you can't log in to those sites."
At least https://www is still accessible to older browsers, for now? As
is bugzilla, where you _can_ log in (just did) though I guess it's next.
And I'm sorry that circumstances, of both health and finances, have not
allowed me the luxury of buying another 2nd-hand laptop this last year.
Brandon, I hope you can accept my apologies for the above post.

You meant well and had made a fair point and I snapped at you, who I've
observed giving helpful advice to many people here.

Worse, I brought irrelevant personal circumstances into it.

Sorry, Ian