Getting to Pi3 to work
Christian Baer
2016-06-15 14:57:09 UTC
Hey everyone!

Has anyone here ever gotten a Pi3 to work with FreeBSD or NetBSD?

I bought two of the little critters last week and have been trying to
get either FreeBSD (which I use on my desktop and server @home) or
NetBSD (because the ARM-port seems to be more mature) to run on them.
However, with both images I can't get beyond the rainbow-screen.

Will I be stuck with Raspbian or Arch for a while or is was there some
memo with a trick that I didn't get?

Kind regards,
Chris
Mehmet Erol Sanliturk
2016-06-15 15:34:54 UTC
On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 7:57 AM, Christian Baer <
If you search the following phrases in Google separately , you will get
many links :

Pi3 to work with FreeBSD or NetBSD
install freebsd on raspberry pi
freebsd raspberry pi 3
netbsd raspberry pi 3
install netbsd on raspberry pi

Perhaps some of links may be useful for you .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk
Matthew Seaman
2016-06-15 15:35:34 UTC
Post by Christian Baer
Has anyone here ever gotten a Pi3 to work with FreeBSD or NetBSD?
I bought two of the little critters last week and have been trying to
NetBSD (because the ARM-port seems to be more mature) to run on them.
However, with both images I can't get beyond the rainbow-screen.
Will I be stuck with Raspbian or Arch for a while or is was there some
memo with a trick that I didn't get?
It's known not to work with FreeBSD (yet). There was talk at BSDCan and
one of the people involved in a lot of the ARM64 related work was
intending to look at getting FreeBSD to work on the RPi3. No idea about
NetBSD.

Cheers,

Matthew
Christian Baer
2016-06-16 13:25:24 UTC
Post by Matthew Seaman
It's known not to work with FreeBSD (yet). There was talk at BSDCan and
one of the people involved in a lot of the ARM64 related work was
intending to look at getting FreeBSD to work on the RPi3. No idea about
NetBSD.
Thanks for the info, Matt! In that case I will stop trying so hard. :-)

Cheers!
Chris