dual boot with Linux
infinityux--- via freebsd-questions
2016-05-25 03:37:56 UTC
Hi all I am trying to dual boot my freebsd system with opensuse Linux so I made some changes to appear FreeBSD in grub boot menu. In opensuse I wrote$ sudo -i# nano /etc/grub.d/40_custom     And then,     menuentry "FreeBSD" {set root=(hd0,gpt2)kfreebsd /boot/loader }Now though freebsd is appearing in boot menu but when I am selecting one of them an error message is saying error:invalid signaturePress any key to continue... Can anyone help me? Do I have to install Linux as my first OS and then FreeBSD to appear it in grub menu?
Ralf Mardorf via freebsd-questions
2016-05-25 07:24:43 UTC
Post by infinityux--- via freebsd-questions
error:invalid signaturePress
If I understand
http://askubuntu.com/questions/654530/error-invalid-signature-when-configuring-dual-boot-ubuntu-14-04-and-windows-1
correctly, than it might be, that one install is installed for
UEFI/secure boot and the other isn't. A shot in the dark, maybe a
default Suse nowadays assumes UEFI/secure boot while your FreeBSD
doesn't.

If I would have a mobo with UEFI/secure boot, I would take a look if
it's possible to turn of secure boot or to switch to a classic BIOS.

I can't help with this, since I don't own a UEFI/secure boot mobo.
AFAIK it gains you nothing and only is the source for issues.
Post by infinityux--- via freebsd-questions
recently I have installed OpenSUSE beside FreeBSD.
Does it mean that you first installed FreeBSD. It was possible to boot
FreeBSD. Then you installed Suse and after that booting FreeBSD was
impossible?

Regards,
Ralf

PS: Please, don't break the thread. Always reply to mails of a thread,
don't write a new mail with the same subject.
Ralf Mardorf via freebsd-questions
2016-05-25 07:28:01 UTC
Post by Ralf Mardorf via freebsd-questions
PS: Please, don't break the thread. Always reply to mails of a thread,
don't write a new mail with the same subject.
Oops, resp. now stay with this thread. Yet I noticed you changed the
subject too.

For one issue, stay with the same subject and thread, please.