Old Notebook Yamaha Sound Driver Support
Net Warrior
2016-05-08 16:31:41 UTC
Hi there guys

I've got and old notebook which I installed 10-STABLE , but had no luck
with it's sound device, it has:

***@pci0:0:9:0: class=0x040100 card=0x8072104d chip=0x00101073
rev=0x02 hdr=0x00
vendor = 'Yamaha Corporation'
device = 'YMF-744B [DS-1S Audio Controller]'
class = multimedia
subclass = audio

FreeBSD sonyvaio 10.3-STABLE FreeBSD 10.3-STABLE #1 r299227: Sun May 8
10:31:47 ART 2016 ***@sonyvaio:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SONYVAIO i38

Any hints/advice on this really appreciated
Best regards
Ivan Klymenko
2016-05-08 16:39:35 UTC
On Sun, 8 May 2016 13:31:41 -0300
Post by Net Warrior
Any hints/advice on this really appreciated
man snd_ds1
kldload snd_ds1
Matthias Apitz
2016-05-08 18:26:42 UTC
Post by Ivan Klymenko
On Sun, 8 May 2016 13:31:41 -0300
Post by Net Warrior
Any hints/advice on this really appreciated
man snd_ds1
kldload snd_ds1
Do you know as well some 'grep' how to get based on the device info to
the 'man XYZ'? I sometimes was in the same problem as the OP. Thanks

matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ ***@unixarea.de, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/ ☎ +49-176-38902045
8 мая 1945: Спасибо, Советского Союза! -- May 8, 1945: Thank you, Soviet Union!
Net Warrior
2016-05-08 18:32:43 UTC
Post by Matthias Apitz
Post by Ivan Klymenko
On Sun, 8 May 2016 13:31:41 -0300
Post by Net Warrior
Any hints/advice on this really appreciated
man snd_ds1
kldload snd_ds1
Do you know as well some 'grep' how to get based on the device info to
the 'man XYZ'? I sometimes was in the same problem as the OP. Thanks
matthias
Thank you very much!!

cm0: <Yamaha DS-1E (YMF744)> port 0xfc40-0xfc7f,0xfcec-0xfcef mem
0xfedf0000-0xfedf7fff irq 9 at device 9.0 on pci0
pcm0: <Asahi Kasei AK4543 AC97 Codec>

***@sonyvaio:/usr/ports/multimedia/mplayer # mixer
Mixer vol is currently set to 75:75
Mixer pcm is currently set to 75:75
Mixer line is currently set to 75:75
Mixer mic is currently set to 0:0
Mixer cd is currently set to 75:75
Mixer rec is currently set to 75:75
Mixer igain is currently set to 0:0
Recording source: mic

Best Regards!!
Kevin P. Neal
2016-05-08 20:21:24 UTC
Post by Net Warrior
Post by Matthias Apitz
Post by Ivan Klymenko
On Sun, 8 May 2016 13:31:41 -0300
Post by Net Warrior
Any hints/advice on this really appreciated
man snd_ds1
kldload snd_ds1
Do you know as well some 'grep' how to get based on the device info to
the 'man XYZ'? I sometimes was in the same problem as the OP. Thanks
matthias
Thank you very much!!
cm0: <Yamaha DS-1E (YMF744)> port 0xfc40-0xfc7f,0xfcec-0xfcef mem
0xfedf0000-0xfedf7fff irq 9 at device 9.0 on pci0
pcm0: <Asahi Kasei AK4543 AC97 Codec>
From the shell:
% apropos DS-1

(A search for DS-1E found nothing.)
--
Kevin P. Neal http://www.pobox.com/~kpn/

"It sounded pretty good, but it's hard to tell how it will work out
in practice." -- Dennis Ritchie, ~1977, "Summary of a DEC 32-bit machine"