recording Internet radio?
Aleksandr Miroslav
2016-07-11 22:38:39 UTC
Is there something I can install from ports on a server to record Internet
radio? There is a show that plays outside the timezone I live in that I
would like to record and listen to offline/later.

thank you,
Alex
Polytropon
2016-07-11 22:49:59 UTC
Post by Aleksandr Miroslav
Is there something I can install from ports on a server to record Internet
radio? There is a show that plays outside the timezone I live in that I
would like to record and listen to offline/later.
If you can stream it (without the need of using a web browser),
maybe mplayer/mencoder or rtmpdump could be used.
--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany
Andra moi ennepe, Mousa, ...
Jonesy via freebsd-questions
2016-07-12 01:51:56 UTC
Post by Polytropon
Post by Aleksandr Miroslav
Is there something I can install from ports on a server to record Internet
radio? There is a show that plays outside the timezone I live in that I
would like to record and listen to offline/later.
If you can stream it (without the need of using a web browser),
maybe mplayer/mencoder or rtmpdump could be used.
Also, streamripper

Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones | Marvin | W3DHJ.net | linux
38.238N 104.547W | @ jonz.net | Jonesy | FreeBSD
(•‿•) Dhénin Jean-Jacques
2016-07-12 06:39:18 UTC
Post by Aleksandr Miroslav
Post by Polytropon
Post by Aleksandr Miroslav
radio? There is a show that plays outside the timezone I live in that I
would like to record and listen to offline/later.
If you can stream it (without the need of using a web browser),
maybe mplayer/mencoder or rtmpdump could be used.
Also, streamripper
Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones | Marvin | W3DHJ.net | linux

#! /bin/sh

# 1h = 3600
# 1h30 = 5400
# 2h = 7200
# 2h30 = 9000
# 5h (une nuit fc) = 18000
# 6h00 = 24000

TERM=xterm

DUREE=$1

echo "killall mplayer" | at +$DUREE minutes

cd ~/Desktop/Les_nuits

# -noconsolecontrols

/usr/local/bin/mplayer -noconsolecontrols -really-quiet -slave -ao
pcm:file="`date "+%j-%Hh%M"`.wav" \
http://audio.scdn.arkena.com/11010/franceculture-midfi128.mp3

-----------------%><---------------------------------------------------------------

(V) Dhénin Jean-Jacques
( ..) 48, rue de la Justice 78300 Poissy
c(')(') ***@gmail.com
Aleksandr Miroslav
Awesome, thanks for the tip. mplayer and a bit of scripting did the trick.
Aleksandr Miroslav
2016-07-13 18:24:01 UTC
On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 11:39 PM, (•‿•) Dhénin Jean-Jacques <
Post by (•‿•) Dhénin Jean-Jacques
[...]
echo "killall mplayer" | at +$DUREE minutes
[...]
/usr/local/bin/mplayer -noconsolecontrols -really-quiet -slave -ao
pcm:file="`date "+%j-%Hh%M"`.wav" \
http://audio.scdn.arkena.com/11010/franceculture-midfi128.mp3
Thanks for sending this script. I ended up writing mine before you sent
this message. Instead of using at(1), I just sleep for [length of show] and
kill mplayer. Also, I didn't know about the -really-quiet and -slace
switches. Good to know.
Aleksandr Miroslav
2016-07-15 22:37:38 UTC
On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 6:51 PM, Jonesy via freebsd-questions <
Post by Aleksandr Miroslav
Post by Aleksandr Miroslav
Is there something I can install from ports on a server to record
Internet
Post by Aleksandr Miroslav
radio?
maybe mplayer/mencoder or rtmpdump could be used.
Also, streamripper
As it turns out, streamripper is even better than mplayer. The command line
switches are very good and pretty much do what I want. With mplayer I
needed a script, streamripper allows me record with a single command.

More importantly, mplayer recorded to wav, which made for large files. My 4
hour recording was several Gigabytes before I used lame to convert to MP3.
streamripper records directly to AAC. The recording is 60MiB in size.

Thanks again for suggesting it.