Spell checking not working
Manish Jain
2016-07-11 12:11:56 UTC

I am using FreeBSD 10.2 amd64 here with gnome3 - everything installed via pkg.

None of my applications that use spell checking - AbiWord and Geary - are able to check spelling, although my environment seems okay :

# pkg info | grep -i webkit
chromium-51.0.2704.106 Google web browser based on WebKit
qt4-webkit-4.8.7 Qt WebKit implementation
webkit-gtk2-2.4.11 Opensource browser engine using the GTK+ 2 toolkit
webkit-gtk3-2.4.11 Opensource browser engine using the GTK+ 3 toolkit
webkit2-gtk3-2.8.5_3 Opensource browser engine using the GTK+ 3 toolkit

# pkg info | grep -i enchant
enchant-1.6.0_5 Dictionary/spellchecking framework

# pkg info | grep -i spell
aspell-0.60.6.1_5 Spelling checker with better suggestion logic than ispell
en-aspell-7.1.0_1 Aspell English dictionaries
enchant-1.6.0_5 Dictionary/spellchecking framework
gtkspell-2.0.16_5 GTK+ 2 spell checking component
gtkspell3-3.0.7 GTK+ 3 spell checking component
hunspell-1.3.3 Improved spell-checker for Hungarian and other languages

# locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8

If anybody can help me fix things, I shall be grateful.

Thanks
Manish Jain
Manish Jain
2016-07-11 19:46:57 UTC
On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 1:10 AM, Brandon J.Wandersee <***@gmail.com> wrote:
You need to install the Aspell and Hunspell dictionaries for your native language.

Thanks. I was missing en-hunspell. Now everything is perfect.
Brandon J. Wandersee
2016-07-11 19:40:57 UTC
Hi,
--