.conf editer
Ernie Luzar
2016-05-29 14:57:52 UTC
Looking for a system utility that can be called from a csh script to
find the existing text in rc.conf and replace it with new text without
manual intervention.

Thanks
Bertram Scharpf
2016-05-29 15:17:43 UTC
Post by Ernie Luzar
Looking for a system utility that can be called from a csh script to
find the existing text in rc.conf and replace it with new text without
manual intervention.
man sed
--
Bertram Scharpf
Stuttgart, Deutschland/Germany
http://www.bertram-scharpf.de
Ernie Luzar
2016-05-29 15:31:14 UTC
Post by Bertram Scharpf
Post by Ernie Luzar
Looking for a system utility that can be called from a csh script to
find the existing text in rc.conf and replace it with new text without
manual intervention.
man sed
Thats way to over kill. A while back read some thing in a post about
some new utility just for .conf files. I kind of remember it had src in
its name.

Thanks for your reply anyway
Ernie Luzar
2016-05-29 15:41:20 UTC
Post by Bertram Scharpf
Post by Ernie Luzar
Looking for a system utility that can be called from a csh script to
find the existing text in rc.conf and replace it with new text without
manual intervention.
man sed
I finally found it. Its called sysrc

Thanks
Andrew Berg
2016-05-29 15:33:22 UTC
Post by Ernie Luzar
Post by Bertram Scharpf
Post by Ernie Luzar
Looking for a system utility that can be called from a csh script to
find the existing text in rc.conf and replace it with new text without
manual intervention.
man sed
Thats way to over kill. A while back read some thing in a post about
some new utility just for .conf files. I kind of remember it had src in
its name.
It's sysrc(8) and it's in base.